Thanks for being with us during the learning process of Linux Network Administrations. Hope you have as much enjoyed as we have, these are the some future references for you! An awesome collection of courses, books, tutorials, software and other resources about networking.
Software and Tools
- Wireshark - The most popular free and open source network protocol analyzer.
- tcpdump - A powerful open source command-line packet analyzer.
- Nmap - A free and open source software for network discovery and security auditing.
- Zenmap - The official Nmap Security Scanner GUI.
- GNS3 - A powerful free and open source network simulator.
- Cisco Packet Tracer - Cross-platform network visual simulation tool designed by Cisco Systems.
- pfSense - An open source firewall/router computer software distribution based on FreeBSD.
- WinBox - Official MikroTik GUI software for administration of MikroTik RouterOS.
- Online nslookup - An online DNS client to view and debug DNS configuration.
- Online whois - An online whois record tool for getting information about domains.
- OUI Lookup Tool - An online OUI lookup for searching vendors of MAC addresses.
- Draw.io - An open source software for creating network diagrams and topologies.